If you have found a nice DVD movie, have you tried inserting it into your PowerPoint as an “object”? In this article, I will outline how to insert DVD to PowerPoint step by step according to my own experience. If you are interested in it, read on to find something you want.
When we’re making presentations using PowerPoint, most of us would like to insert some media to make the PPT more interesting and appealing, right? Adding part of a DVD movie to presentation is a great ideal. Whereas, PowerPoint doesn’t support DVD formats. In order to insert the DVD movie to PowerPoint easily, you can convert DVD to PowerPoint supported video formats first and then insert the converted videos to your presentation. In this way, you can realize importing DVD to PowerPoint presentation effortlessly.
The best way to embed DVD to PowerPoint presentation
As we know, AVI, MPEG, WMV, etc are all the friendly formats for PowerPoint. So, you can use Brorsoft DVD Ripper to rip DVDs to AVI/WMV/MPEG for playing on presentation. It lets you rip DVD to all popular video formats and even extract audio from DVD movies. Besides, the built-in video editor allows you to trim, crop, rotate video, add watermarks, etc. to get the very part and effect you want. If you want to insert files from DVD to PowerPoint on Mac, try the equivalent Mac version -DVD Ripper for Mac, which is compatible with Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and 10.9 (Mavericks). Just get the right version and follow the guide below to convert DVD to PowerPoint supported video formats and insert videos to PowerPoint presentation.
1. Add DVD files > Install and launch the DVD ripping program. Then click “Load DVD” to import the DVD files you want to convert. DVD Folders, ISO and IFO files are also supported. To select the subtitles you like, simply click Subtitle and select the one you prefer.
2. Choose an output format > Click Format bar and choose your desired format. To embed DVD to PowerPoint, you can choose WMV or AVI format from Common Video profile list.
3. Edit your DVD files(Optional) > If you want to edit your DVD movies before ripping, you can click the “Edit” button to open the Video Editor window. Here you can crop, trim, adjust video effect, add watermark and clip, etc. are provided. All the editing can be real-time previewed so as to ensure the video quality and effect.
4. Begin the ripping > Click “Convert” to start the DVD to PowerPoint video conversion. Just a few minutes later, you will get the converted video. You’d better keep of all the files in a folder for later use.
5. Insert DVD files to PowerPoint > Open PowerPoint and start a new presentation. Immediately name and save the presentation into the same folder as you placed the video clips. On the menu bar, select Insert > Movies and Sounds > Movie from File. A browser window will appear. In the browser window find your folder, open it and click on the video you want. Click OK. In this way, you can insert and play DVD in PowerPoint at ease.