Kindle Fire HDX, the 3rd generation tablets are here for us. It’s easy and fast to download Prime Instant video on the new Fires. Scroll lyrics to songs, identify and jump to songs when watching enabled TV shows or movies. While, as a newbie to Fire HDX, do you know how to make a quick successful accession to local Media(videos, music, pictures) on your PC and transfer to Kindle Fire HDX? If not, read more.
How to connect Kindle Fire HDX to PC
To transfer Kindle content from your computer to your Kindle Fire, use the micro-USB cable that was included with your device.
1. From your computer, locate the content you want to transfer from your computer to your Kindle Fire.
Tip: You can use Manage Your Kindle to deliver Kindle books, magazines, and newspapers to your computer. Visit Manage Your Kindle and locate your Kindle content. From the Actions drop-down, select Download & Transfer via USB. From the drop-down, select your Kindle Fire, and then click Download to download the content to a folder on your computer.
2. Connect your Kindle Fire to your computer with the micro-USB cable. If you’ve set a lock screen password on your Kindle Fire, you may need to unlock your device before it can be opened on your computer.
a. Windows Your Kindle Fire will appear in the Computer or My Computer folder.
b. Mac: Your Kindle Fire will appear on the desktop.
Note: If you own a Mac computer with OSX 10.5 or above or a Windows XP computer, your Kindle Fire will not be detected by your computer until you download new software for your computer. To download the software, go to http://www.kindle.com/support/downloads, and then select your country from the list.
3. Open the Kindle Fire folder (titled Kindle) on your computer, and then open the Internal storage folder.
4. Locate the downloaded file on your computer, and then drag and drop the media files from your PC to Kindle Fire HDX.
Tips: You should transfer the compatible file you want to transfer into the applicable folder:
Audiobooks: AA, AAX
Books: AZW (.azw3), MOBI (non-DRM), KF8
Documents: TXT, PDF, PRC, DOC, DOCX
Music: MP3, non-DRM AAC (.m4a), MIDI, PCM/WAVE, OGG, WAV
Pictures: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP
Movies: MP4, 3GP, VP8 (.webm)
5. Disconnect your Kindle Fire from your computer.
6. From your Kindle Fire, tap a content library (for example, Books) in the top navigation, and then tap On Device to view your Kindle content.
1. EPUB eBooks and Mobipocket files with Digital Rights Management (DRM) can’t be transferred to your Kindle Fire.
2. Personal videos transferred to your Kindle Fire will appear in the Photos content library.
3. Apps from the Amazon Appstore for Android and movies and TV shows from Amazon Instant Video can’t be downloaded from the Manage Your Kindle page to your computer.
4. Music transferred to your Kindle Fire with the micro-USB cable will only be stored on the device. If you’d like to play your music on multiple devices, you can import it to your Amazon Cloud Player account. Music you import that is matched to Amazon’s eligible catalog is delivered to Cloud Player as a high-quality 256 Kbps MP3, and you may be able to view lyrics for many of those songs.
As you see, Kindle Fire HDX as the other Android tablets like Google Nexus 7 can only support achingly few video format. To watch HD videos like FLV, WMV, MTS, M2TS, TiVo, MKV, MOV, MPG, MPEG-2, TiVo, etc as well as Blu-ray, DVD movies on Kindle Fire HDX, you’d better get this top all-in-one converter Blu-ray Video Converter for Kindle Fire HDX to enable these movie files playable on your Fire HDX tablet. For Mac users, turn to iMedia Converter for Mac, which is fully compatible with Mac Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks. Enjoy.
P.S. If you wanna sync on your Kindle Fire HDX, connect your Fire HDX to a wireless network first, then you can sync your Kindle Fire HDX to receive content from the Amazon Cloud, synchronize book, audiobook, game, and video progress across devices, and download any app updates.
How to get Yaboon movies downloaded onto Kindle Fire HD
Get DVD on Kindle Fire HD in full screen
Easy solution to directly playing VOB files on Kindle Fire HD
Can Kindle Fire HD play MKV, XviD, 3GP, WMV videos files?
Connect Kindle Fire HD to PC for movie, image transferring